Hearty Guacamole – Simple and delicious homemade guacamole. Every bite is refreshing and full of flavor – The classic dip, only better because it’s my recipe.
This hearty guacamole is made with a handful of fresh and simple ingredients, in just 15 minutes! Ideal for summer BBQs, a game day appetizer or even just a midday snack! Enjoy with fresh tortilla chips or add it to your favorite Mexican dish – there’s no wrong choices. I’ll admit, I could eat a whole bowl of this hearty guacamole with a shovel, but that would be insane so I stick to tortilla chips.
Although avocados are high in calories due to the fat content, guacamole is a great source of heart healthy fats – get it? HEARTY, HEART HEALTHY? Nevermind. This guacamole is delicious and that’s what matters. Enough talking, let’s get to it!
- Avocado – Obviously, they’re the main ingredient. Make sure they’re pitted.
- Tomato – Diced.
- Jalapeno – Seeded and finely chopped.
- Onion – We are going to use green onions, thinly sliced and red onion, diced.
- Lime Juice – Freshly squeezed is always best! but store bought will work.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste.
How to make guacamole
Only 3 easy steps!
- Prep Avocados – Peel and pit the avocados; add avocados to a bowl and lightly mash.
- Mix-In Ingredients – Add the tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, red onions and lightly mix.
- Season & Serve – Stir well and season with salt and pepper as needed. Chill until ready to use.
What else can I add to my guacamole
If you want to stray from simple, be my guest! Here are a few other options you can add to your guacamole:
- Black Beans
- Black Olives
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Hot Sauce
How to serve
This should be obvious, who hasn’t eaten guacamole before? For those who live under a rock and have just emerged into the sunlight for the first time, you can serve this with tortilla chips, pretzels, crackers, bread or any dipping vessel of your choice! An alternative, serve it with tacos, quesadillas, nachos etc. You know the drill.
Storing leftover guacamole
Store leftover guacamole in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Simple and delicious home-made guacamole, very refreshing and perfect side for any meal. You can also serve it as an appetizer or simply as a salad.
- 2 avocados (pitted)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and finely chopped)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Peel and pit the avocados; add avocados to a bowl and lightly mash.
Add the tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, red onions and lightly mix.
Stir well and season with salt and pepper as needed. Chill until ready to use.